And the holistic energy supplements can help!
Raise your hand if you wake up in the morning confused to the sound of your alarm going off, groan, and immediately head to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.
Trust us; you’re not alone! That first sip of coffee in the morning not only tastes and feels amazing, but we feel a boost of energy to take on the day.
But, if you love coffee, you’ve probably experienced this. The crash. We hit that afternoon slump and feel like we can’t get anything done. So what do we do?
We head back to the kitchen to make another pot of coffee or drink something sugary with caffeine to get the boost we need. And who can blame us? All the commercials and ads we see for energy shots and coffee tell us they’re what we need.
The problem with drinking coffee multiple times a day is that it creates a negative cycle. Your body grows accustomed to waking up, drinking coffee, getting SHOCKED with energy, and then craving it once the caffeine wears off.
There has to be a better answer than three lattes a day (also, these get expensive!)!
If you want to feel more alert and improve your productivity and memory function (who doesn’t?!), there are many natural ways to get an instant boost of energy when you need it.
These are a few of our favorite ways to improve brain functioning (and some of the easiest!)
1. Exercise! Physical activity helps our bodies in countless ways, including fighting fatigue, boosting energy, and improving focus. Plus, you don’t need to be a gym rat to see the benefits. The next time you start to feel sluggish in the afternoon, don’t reach for an energy drink. Instead, get up and move! Go for a quick, 10-minute walk, or do some jumping jacks. The movement will stimulate your brain and may give you that jolt you need.
2. Get outside and soak up the sun. There are many health benefits of getting enough vitamin D, including lowering blood pressure and improving sleep. Sunshine helps boost serotonin levels, which keeps you happy. When you feel more comfortable, you’ll be more excited to take on the day. If you feel tired, head outside and catch some rays. The sun will give you more energy, make you feel happier, and make you more alert.
3. Eat a balanced diet with all the nutrients your body craves. If you eat processed foods and sugar day in and day out or skip meals (breakfast is an essential meal of the day, after all), don’t be surprised if your body has an adverse reaction. That sugar rush you feel now WILL come crashing down in a few hours. Instead of eating junk food, reach for foods that boost your energy and improve focus: bananas, apples, eggs, oatmeal, avocados, dark chocolate (yum!), and more.
4. Drink water. Our bodies are 60% water, so if you are experiencing fatigue, you might be dehydrated. Dehydration impacts the oxygen flow between your brain and organs. Your heart tries to compensate for that by pumping harder, which leaves you feeling more tired and less alert. So, the next time you feel sluggish, drink a glass of water.
5. Drink green tea. Green tea is a natural way to get more energy without having to worry about crashing later. Its unique blend of L-theanine makes the body more alert. The presence of L-theanine also helps slow down the way the body absorbs caffeine. By drinking green tea, you’ll get a boost of energy without any caffeine jitters.
6. Reduce your stress levels. We all experience stress on occasion, but excess or prolonged stress can cause your body to enter the “fight-or-flight” mode. Over time, that may lead to physical and emotional exhaustion. Pay attention to how your body feels and reacts to certain situations. Some simple tips to reduce stress and give you more energy are taking a break to sit up straight (bad posture can restrict the blood flow to the brain) and deep breathing (meditation apps work great too) for the moments you need to step away from a stressful environment.
7. Socialize: Additionally, one of the easiest ways to reduce stress levels is by socializing with other people who you know can brighten your mood. If you feel tired or unfocused, have a conversation with a friend. Their energy levels may rub off on you.
It’s normal to have off days. And there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
But if you regularly struggle with feeling exhausted, staying alert, and reaching peak productivity, one evidenced based method is to try holistic energy supplements. There are a variety of natural supplements proven to help increase energy levels without that annoying midday crash.
Here are 5 ingredients to look for when choosing the best energy supplement for you.
- Mucuna Pruriens: A natural herbal supplement, also known as a dopa bean or velvet bean, is a main ingredient in a variety of holistic energy supplements. It is a tropical legume with high L-Dopa levels, the precursor to dopamine, a hormone in our bodies associated with happiness. Mucuna pruriens have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries to promote productivity, improve focus, reduce stress and anxiety, stabilize mood, and more.
- DMAE Bitartrate: A natural compound found in the body that improves brain function, including short-term memory, concentration, and learning capabilities. DMAE Bitartrate is often used to help treat individuals with ADD or ADHD who might need extra help focusing.
- N-Acetyl Tyrosine: The body naturally produces this amino acid. Similar to mucuna pruriens, it also increases dopamine levels, as well as adrenaline and norepinephrine. N-Acetyl tyrosine helps to improve memory and neurological performance, including processing information, adapting to stressful environments, and more.
- L-Phenylalanine: Another amino acid found in protein-rich foods such as eggs, fish, meat, cheese, and milk. Because it helps with brain and body function, including regulating mood and stress responses, it is often used to treat ADHD and depression. L-Phenylalanine may improve your overall energy levels and give you more motivation.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate: An active form of vitamin B6 that helps regulate over 100 amino acids in the body. It supports memory formation and protection, as well as improving overall brain function and health. By taking a velvet bean-based energy supplement with Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, you may feel more energetic and motivated throughout the day, and have better focus.
You shouldn’t have to deal with feeling sluggish or tired throughout the day.
With so many holistic energy supplements on the market, it’s hard to know what really works.
After researching other alternatives, we combined these high-quality ingredients into a mucuna pruriens energy supplement called Better Energy.
Better Energy by Synergic Supplements is a velvet bean-based energy supplement with a unique blend of vitamins, amino acids, and nootropic compounds.
Feeling motivated one hour and then groggy the next is common. The quick fix is to order your favorite drink from places like Starbucks or run to the convenience store for a sugar rush of energy. These aren’t the safest answers and there are habits and natural products you can include into your daily routine that can give you an instant energy boost.
Better Energy helps you stay alert, improves your mood and productivity levels, and boosts your mental and physical energy.
Instead of chugging cups of coffee and experiencing that crash, or having no motivation to do anything, try Better Energy and get 15% OFF your first order today.